If after eating, you feel that your stomach is way too swollen for the size of the food you have eaten, or you feel some rumbling in your belly after taking a very little quantity of the food, it can be said that you are bloating. This happens when gas is produced in excess in your stomach. It can also be as a result of the movement of the muscles in the pancreas. This condition may get seriously uncomfortable and even very painful as time goes by. The effects of bloating in some cases can be very severe.
Bloating occurs when your digestive system is filled with excessive gas. Some foods like beans, carrot, cabbage, onion, and celery can trigger bloating, while other foods rich in fiber also bloat you up.
It is not abnormal for the digestive system to produce gas. These gases produced are part of the digestion process. However, you should not be subjected to pain all because your body system has to digest the food you have eaten. So, if gas is an average result of the digestive process, how then do you ensure that gas is not in excess?
1. Pay attention to the reaction you get when you eat some of the food mentioned earlier on, and the number of such foods that triggers such response.
2. Reduce your consumption of such foods if you must take them.
3. Avoid foods that you are intolerant and allergic to. Because when you eat these foods, you cause your digestive system to produce gas in excess and your immune system can even be forced to fight against your body system.
4. Engage in simple exercises like taking a walk after a meal. This will help a great deal, as digestion will be rapid since the body will need more glucose at the point of exercise than when you are resting.
5. In a case where total abstinence is almost impossible, try taking supplements that reduce gas. The action of these supplements is tailored towards producing enzymes that aids digestion, making the gas produced during digestion absorbable - this way the body can absorb some portion of the gas that would have been in excess, and these supplements help to maintain the enzyme level of the digestive system.
Supplements that reduce gas come in various shapes and form. There are things to look out for when you want to buy one. One of the things to look out for is the price. Many of these supplements are cheap, but going for an inexpensive supplement is not advisable.
If you are unsure which supplement to buy, you can consult a professional that is knowledgeable and experienced in the field, such as a physician. They can advise on the right one catered to you as an individual. A supplement like Digest Alpha contains natural digestive enzymes that will help reduce gas and bloating. In a case where bloating is severe, these supplements may even relieve you of the pain almost immediately.Supplements That Reduce Gas
View Larger Map